Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Review: NaturaSync GarnetRed Herbal Hair Coloring Essence

NaturaSync
 
This is what you get in the box: 5 pairs of gloves, 5 sachets of hair dye (30ml each) and 5 sachets of conditioner (10ml each) .

You can also find an instruction written in English and Chinese.
                                                           Before                                                           


After

What do I like about this hair dye?
  • Smell : It doesn't smell as chemical as other hair coloring products.
  • Natural ingredients: It contains Chinese ingredients like Panax Ginseng, Chinese Gall, Wolfberry and Angelica Roots.
  • Ammonia free and lead free: I am usually repulsive to the smell of ammonia.
  • Price: The original price is SGD15.8 but I bought it in NTUC Fairprice by paying only SGD13.80. I say other coloring products with similar price so I think it is competitive price-wise
  • Separate Packaging: This kit comes with 5 sets of coloring products so it can be easily used for 5 separate coloring sessions. For my first coloring session, I use two sachets of hair dye for my shoulder-length hair. 
  • Color: I choose red color thinking that it will be more obvious on my black hair. As you can see from the pictures, it gives a hue of purple to my black hair. It also makes my white hair a bit reddish. Except for its effect on white hair, I would say that I like the color in general as it looks quite naturally. To be honest, I am glad that it doesn't make my hair completely red as stated in the box because I bought the color with the intention to cover my gray hair.
  • Made in Singapore: I would like to show my support to locally made products.
What I don't like less about this hair dye?
  • Ease of use: While other hair coloring kits often come with combs, this product are to be used by pouring the products into your gloves-covered hands and mixing them with your gloves. When I use the first sachet of hair dye, I tried pouring the whole packet of products onto my hands but it created a big mess in my room because the hair dye keep dripping from my gloves. It is definitely not a good experience seeing your floor covered with blood-like hair color. For my second attempts, I tried pouring the products onto a box and this save me some troubles of cleaning the hair color. If you would like color your own hair with this product, I recommend pouring the product to a bowl or a container instead of following the stated instruction.
  • Gray Coverage: Although it claims to cover white hair effectively, I think it doesn't work as well as some of my white hairs are still visible after the coloring session. However, this may due to my poor coloring skills and also my inability to look into the mirror while doing the coloring.
Would I buy it again?
If I have a friend who will help me to color my hair, especially my white hairs, I would buy this again due to the natural ingredients stated. Otherwise, I would look for other products that are easier to apply.

Update: It has been almost a month after I dye my hair using the NaturaSync GarnetRed Herbal Hair Coloring Essence. The red color on my hair is almost invisible and my hair has become slightly more brownish compared to my original hair color. I am a bit disappointed with the short lasting hair dye. Overall, I think the color didn't last long because (1) red color hair dye is known to fade away faster than other color; (2) the ammonia-free formula gives less lasting result. However, I think I may give ammonia-free hair coloring products another try just because they cause less damage to my hair and don't irritate my sensitive scalp.